The Digital Project Manager Article: How to Avoid & Survive Catastrophic Project Failure
LinkedIn Article: Running into 'Zoom Fatigue?' Fight Back!
New Blog Post: EQ: Signs that You're Missing the Point
LinkedIn Article: Managing Projects in a Pandemic: With EQ
A BOOK! Kim's book, The Socially Intelligent Project Manager: The Soft Skills that Prevent Hard Days is available on Amazon!
- If you're a PMI member, you can watch the on-demand version of Kim's webinars Emotional Intelligence for Project Managers (Because One Unhappy Person can Ruin your Beautiful Plan) and Social Intelligence for Project Managers - Cat Herding 101
- Want some advice on herding those cats? (Kim was interviewed by Cornelius Fichtner from The Project Management Podcast at PMI 2019. ) Have a listen!
- Tired of working 60 hour weeks? Check out Kim's interview with Cornelius Fichtner from the Project Manager Podcast.
- Listen to Kim's interview on the PM Podcast from the 2017 PMI conference - on Emotional Intelligence, Chocolate, and Project Management
- Need some team building activities? Tips and guidelines, including some suggestions from Kim's session attendees at PMI Global Conference
- Want some quick tips on project management? Our YouTube Channel is live! Stuff That Helps: Quick Fixes has short videos to get you up and running fast. The whole staff helps out. Check it out here!
- For helpful project management tips every month (or so), sign up for our Helpful Stuff mailing list (just click Here)
- Throwing Skunks and Eating Frogs! On the People and Projects Podcast, (Kim was part of a fun panel discussion - this one is a video podcast.) Take a look/listen
- Interpersonal Skills podcast with Cornelius Fichtner
- PM Podcast with Cornelius from the PMI Global Congress
- Kim on the PM Podcast talking about People-Centered Project Management
- Kim's guest stint on The Stacey Harris podcast.
What We Do
Almost 70% of technology projects fail.*
We help you beat those odds.
Using practical project management, sane project processes, optimal communication for the project and organization, coaching, and education IvyBay Consuting helps you deliver your projects successfully - on time, within budget, to spec and with the level of quality you need.
Although we do individual coaching here at IvyBay Consulting, most of our time is spent working with various companies to help run or improve parts of their business. What can we do for you?
Manage Projects and Programs:
We have deep experience creating and managing projects and programs. Software development is a particular specialty, working in the major methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Hybrid, Spiral, Kanban) or any corporate methodology required. We can recommend a methodology based upon your project, company, and ongoing needs if you're looking for advice. We also manage non-softare projects including volunteer efforts (we don't manage construction projects though). We always provide proper documentation either in the company standard or our own design. We have experience with all the major tracking applications (Jira, Project, Rally, Pivotal, etc.) and come up to speed quickly on new or homegrown applications. Risk management and change management are part of any project we take on.
Right the Ship:
Somethings things get messy. Projects get out of control, processes stop working (or your company grows out of them), things are just generally tangled up. We can come in, analyze the current situation, understand how you'd like things to look, and get the project or process back on track (even rebuilt). We do this within your environment and constraints. We'll propose a plan for recovery and, if desired, execute the plan.
Streamline (or create, or fix) Your Processes
Sometimes a process doesn't work, sometimes it doesn't work very well or you've grown out of it, and sometimes there just isn't a process. We know that one key to designing an effective process that people use is to make it only as complex as necessary and to have a plan for review and change on a regular basis. We understand (and document) the goals of your process and the necessary participants to get started. Using that information and interviews with the users of the process, we'll design a process for review, outline a review/monitoring schedule provide a rollout and monitoring plan, and (if desired) we'll roll out and monitor the process for a fixed period of time.
Educate / Coach:
We offer a range of workshops that can be tailored to your needs. These include various Project Management workshops (beginning project management, advanced topics, agile projects) as well as Time Management workshops. We also coach both new and experienced employees in project/program management, business analysis, management and leadership, and time management. We can also design an ongoing education/coaching program for you.
Articulate Your Business Requirements:
Need some business analysis help? We have plenty to offer. We can help with everything from business requirements and acceptance criteria to charters and functional specifications. We do this work within company processes or can help institute business analysis processes and standards that work for your organization. All documentation provided is to company standards (if none exist, we will create standards either formally or ad-hoc by providing documentation in a standard format).
Design Your PMO:
Do you have a PMO? Do you think you need a PMO? We can help evaluate your need for a PMO and recommend a PMO style based on your requirements. We can also help set up the PMO organization (either matrixed or stand-alone), help set standards and requirements, and educate the members as required.
What Information We Collect:
We do not collect traffic data with any source identification for ivybay.com.
Use of Collected Information:
We use the email addresses we retain solely for newsletters and announcements. This information is never sold, transferred, or exposed outside of the newsletter mailing list. Should IvyBay Consulting LLC be sold, the email addresses will not be directly transferred (instead, a new opt-in would be created).
If you choose to follow us on social media such as Twitter or Facebook, you will receive notifications per standard platform policy. We do not export follower information in any form. You may unfollow at any time per platform policy.
Personal information (email addresses) are retained only for the time you choose to subscribe to our newsletters. You may unsubscribe at any time.